This awesome template lets you enter, share, and publish your lesson plans using – yes, that’s right – a Google sheet!
Using the Template
- Click the link above. You should be “asked” to make a copy.
Note – If your computer skips this step and takes you directly into the spreadsheet, just pull down the File menu to Make a Copy.
- Click the “Add/Edit Lesson Plans” tab at the bottom of the page to enter your plans.
- Click the “View Week” tab and enter Monday’s data to view only the current week.
- Enter your entire year’s lesson plans on the “Add/Edit Lesson Plans” sheet.
Optional – Collaborate with another teacher by sharing the spreadsheet.
- Enter Monday’s date on the “View Week” sheet to view only the current week’s lesson plans.
Optional – Publish the “View Week” sheet as a webpage to be viewed by admin, parents, and students.
Detailed Lesson Plan Instructions
- Click the “Enter/Edit Plans” tab at the bottom of the page.
- Change the subjects to your own.
- Enter the dates for the week.
Important! Do NOT enter the Day of the Week. When you enter the date, the day will automatically appear!
Tip! Start each week with Monday date, even if you don’t have school!
- Resize columns, change fonts, sizes, alignments, and colors, and add borders as desired.
Collaborating with Another Teacher
Do you team-teach with someone else? Want to both enter lesson plans in this one document? Just use the sharing option to do that!
- Click the blue “Share” button at the upper right side of the page.
- Enter the other teacher’s email address and choose “Can edit.”.
Note – the teacher must have a Google account.
- Click “Done.”
Viewing Current Week
- Click the “Week View” tab at the bottom of the page.
- Enter Monday’s date. This is ALL you need to enter!
- The week’s will automatically fill in with the info from your “Add/Edit Plans” sheet!
- Change the colors, fonts, sizes, etc. as desired.
Publishing the Current Week
Want to make your lesson plans available to admin, parents, and/or students? You can turn your “Week View” sheet into a web page!
- Pull down the File menu to “Publish to the web.”
- Choose to publish the “Week View” as a web page.
- Click the “Publish” button.
- Copy the provided URL.
- Provide the URL to others.
a. Link to it from you blog, wiki, or webpage.
b. Shorten the URL using goog.gl, bit.ly, or tinyurl.com (my favorite!).
c. Use goqr.me to embed the link into a QR code.
Note – it is best to use a URL shortener first!
- Whatever is showing on the “Week View” sheet will be published for others to see. As you change Monday’s date, the published web page will automatically re-publish and stay up-to-date!
Other Tips and Tricks
- In the “Add/Edit Lesson Plans” sheet, hide rows to make the view more compact.
Select the desired rows, right-click, and choose “Hide rows…”
- Use copy/paste/character to add fun characters to your lesson plans. ✿☆✄
- Feel free to adapt the template to fit your own needs!
Please enter any questions or comments in the provided area below.