This awesome template lets you easily do a quiz competition in your classroom. Post a question in the spreadsheet and students enter their answers (as quickly as they can) via a Google form. The spreadsheet will show the winner (The Whiz Kid) and the 5 runners up.
Note from Tammy:
I’m super excited because this is the first time I’ve incorporated a script / button in a Google template. It is a “Clear” button that will clear the question, answer, and student responses – all at the same time. I would love some feedback on how it is working for you. Please use the comments area at the bottom of this post.
Using the Template
- Click the link above. You should be “asked” to make a copy.
Note – If your computer skips this step and takes you directly into the spreadsheet, just pull down the FIle menu to Make a Copy.
- Click through the tabs at the bottom of the page to set up the spreadsheet and get students to the form.
- Students open the form and enter their names.
- The teacher asks a question and the students enter and submit their answer as quickly as they can.
- The teacher enters the answer, and the Whiz Kid winner and runners up will automatically appear!
- The teacher clicks the “Clear” button and the students click the “Back” button in their browser and they’re ready for the next question!