This week’s tip features a web tool that will create word clouds from text you provide. The more frequently a word appears in your source text, the larger it will be in the cloud. With this clever tool you can even change fonts, layouts, and color schemes.
I’m anxious to hear about creative ways to use this with students. Please post your ideas at the bottom of this page.
Here’s one I created using the text from my bio:
- Go to: http://wordle.net/
- Click the Create button at the top of the page.
- Enter some text. (You can either type it here or paste it in.)
- Click Go. (This will generate your word cloud.)
Use the buttons at the top of the screen to customize the layout and colors:
6. Use the buttons at the bottom of the screen to print your cloud and / or save it to the gallery.